Maybe you’ve been hitting the gym religiously and cutting calories left, right, and center. More likely you’ve abandoned that unsustainable juice cleanse and those uninspiring workouts are already a distant memory. We’ve all been there – set intentions with the best of, well, intentions, only to realize we might have pointed ourselves in the wrong direction. Luckily, it’s never too late to course correct!
If you’re serious about your weight loss goals, here’s how to focus your resolution – and actually achieve it:
- Do your homework. I know, not the most exciting way to start the year. But doing a little extra work up front will lay the groundwork for successful weight loss. Keep a food diary and be sure to include physical activity (yes, there’s an app – or ten – for that). This will reveal patterns – and show you where there’s room for improvement.
- Set your goals. Think tangible goals. You may have “lose 20 lbs” in mind, but as a goal, it’s big and scary – and almost impossible to achieve. Instead, opt for a goal with measurable progress. “Add a plate of greens a day” is more achievable than “Eat more veggies”, and “Join an eight-week aerobics class” is better than “exercise more”. Sure, they might lead up to that end goal of significant weight loss – but now you’ve got a road map.
- Think beyond weight loss. You look great now, and we’re sure your loved ones agree. Trouble is, you don’t feel Health is about more than shedding a few pounds. Put increased energy, better sleep, and reduced stress on your list of goals.
- Write it down. You’ll feel more accountable if you have a visual reference, and it’s a great way to formalize your intention.
- Plan ahead. Does it seem as though there’s an office birthday – with cake – almost every week? Those treats are hard to resist. The best way to keep your weight loss goals from being sidetracked by the unexpected is to eliminate it. Keep snacks, such as fresh veggies, nuts, or PGX Satisfast™ Protein bars, in your bag to pre-empt snacking temptations, and plan your week’s meals in advance so you’ll never be caught with your hand in the cookie jar.
- Balance your blood sugar. Once you’re on the blood sugar roller coaster, it’s tough to get off – but it can be the key to healthy weight loss. Adding PGX to your healthy weight loss plan can help lower the glycemic index of foods and curb cravings that get in the way of your goals.
- Track your progress. Think the homework ended at step 1? Keep up your food and exercise diary – it’s the best way (short of stepping on the scale) you have to track your progress. At the end of each month, look back on earlier stages of the diary to see where you’ve improved – and what pesky patterns remain to be broken.
- Make room for mistakes. If you do fall off your health wagon, don’t abandon the wagon entirely. We all need the space to make mistakes – it’s how we grow. Don’t let that forbidden piece of chocolate become your excuse to quit.
Your number one resolution should always be to show love for yourself and the people around you. Surround yourself with positive, inspiring people and ideas and the rest will flow.
Have questions about PGX? Get in touch!
*Drink additional water (8 fl. oz.) after ingesting PGX®. If you are taking medications, take one hour prior to or two hours after taking PGX.