Lesson 3: Stop Riding the Blood Sugar Roller Coaster
Taking PGX® with meals can lower your foods’ glycemic index up to 64%*1
The goal of The PGX® Weight Management Program is to get past fad diets and hype and help you understand the science behind eating and how it relates to weight loss.
Avoiding swings in blood sugar is critical to tame the appetite monster. Stabilizing blood glucose decreases food cravings, improves mood and makes you just feel more energized.
When you eat refined starches and sugar, blood glucose spikes. Your body floods with insulin, and glucose plummets. Hunger kicks in and a vicious cycle begins.
The keys to managing your blood sugar levels:
- Reduce your portion sizes and calorie intake.
- Think protein before carbs every time you eat.
- Have a small snack every 2-3 hours, all day long.
- Eat three meals a day and include PGX with each of them.
Low carb diets reduce between-meal insulin levels making it easier for your body to burn fat. Taking PGX and lowering carb intake is an effective one-two approach to appetite suppression and weight loss.
Fortunately, taking PGX with every meal can help lower the glycemic index of foods and greatly assist you in crushing your cravings and managing hunger pangs.
* Please note that the PGX® Daily Ultra Matrix Softgel Capsules do not have the same glycemic index lowering effect due to the coating of the capsules.